Spicy Meat Loaf Recipe
This is not your typical meat loaf! The green chili salsa really gives it some zip, and the pork sausage combined with the beef adds variety. Meat loaves of all kinds are a favorite around here.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup green or red chili salsa
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- Additional salsa, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, salsa and bread crumbs. Crumble beef and sausage over mixture and mix well. Press into an ungreased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°; drain. Top with additional salsa if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Meat Loaf in Country June/July 2005, p51
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Spicy Meat Loaf(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Meat Loaf >
- Meat Loaf Recipes >