Spicy Mashed Potatoes Recipe
“While cleaning the freezer one day, I uncovered extra filling I had used in an appetizer. I decided to add it to the mashed potatoes for dinner…and it became an immediate favorite,” relates Laurie Balcom of Lynden, Washington.
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese or feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Place the potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. In a small bowl, mash potatoes with milk. Beat in the goat cheese, cilantro, onion, jalapeno and garlic.
- 3. Spoon into a 2-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup: 341 calories, 13g fat (9g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 257mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Spicy Mashed Potatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC