Spicy Maple Sausages
Wake up your guests’ taste buds with this easy treatment for breakfast sausages from our home economists. Just five ingredients are needed for the sweet and spicy glaze.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 packages (7 ounces each) brown-and-serve sausage links
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large skillet, cook sausage links until browned; drain. Combine
- the remaining ingredients; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook
- and stir for 2-3 minutes or until sausages are glazed. Yield: 6-8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 158 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 270 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.