Spicy Maple Sausages Recipe
Wake up your guests’ taste buds with this easy treatment for breakfast sausages from our home economists. Just five ingredients are needed for the sweet and spicy glaze.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 2 packages (7 ounces each) frozen fully cooked breakfast sausage links
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage links until browned; drain. Combine the remaining ingredients; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until sausages are glazed. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (3 each) equals 158 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 270 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC