Spicy Maple Chicken Wings Recipe
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1. Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections.
- 2. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken, a few pieces at a time, for 8 minutes or until golden brown and juices run clear, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels.
- 3. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the syrup, hot sauce, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Combine water and cornstarch; stir into sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 4. Place wings in a large bowl; pour sauce over and toss to coat. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 chicken wing with about 2 teaspoon sauce equals 161 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 89 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Spicy Maple Chicken Wings
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer