Spicy Mango Scallops Recipe
- 12 sea scallops (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon peanut or canola oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 2 cups hot cooked basmati rice
- Minced fresh cilantro
- 1. Pat scallops dry with paper towels. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add scallops; cook 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and firm. Remove from pan.
- 2. Add onion to same pan; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic and pepper flakes; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in pineapple juice. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in chutney.
- 3. Return scallops to pan; heat through, stirring gently to coat. Serve with rice; sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
3 scallops with 1/2 cup cooked rice and 2 tablespoons sauce equals 371 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 447 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 3 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Spicy Mango Scallops
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.