- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion, peppers and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in macaroni, milk and seasonings. Reduce heat. Stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Mac N Cheese in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p245
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Spicy Mac 'n' Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review