- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder, chili powder and paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cold water
- Hot cooked noodles
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- In a greased 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the onion, water, lemon juice, oil and seasonings. Add chicken; turn to coat. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- In a saucepan, combine the cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Gradually add the cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken over noodles. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spicy Lemon Chicken
Sort By :
"I ended up doubling the recipe because I thought I had more than 4 chickn breast, which I did not! But i still think it came out really good. My husband liked it, so it's a keeper."
"The spice note in this was nice, however, the lemon was a bit over-powering. Next time, I might tone down the lemon just a smidge."
"A little too lemony for my taste. Next time I will cut down on the lemon juice and use chicken stock instead of water. Also had to double every thing but the chicken breasts. Cooked in 2 hours not 4-5."
"I thought this recipe was OK, but not great. My husband, who isn't at all picky, didn't care for it. I wonder if the original recipe (not crock pot) would be better."