- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder, chili powder and paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cold water
- Hot cooked noodles
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- In a greased 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the onion, water, lemon juice, oil and seasonings. Add chicken; turn to coat. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- In a saucepan, combine the cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Gradually add the cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken over noodles. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spicy Lemon Chicken
Sort By :
double post. I am a little confused as to why my comments are showing up in "Administration".
My picky eaters adore this and ask for it often. I skipped it over the summer but now fall is here, my son is very happy that this has returned to the menu.
I ended up doubling the recipe because I thought I had more than 4 chickn breast, which I did not! But i still think it came out really good. My husband liked it, so it's a keeper.
Personally I think it's ok, but my family RAVES for it, and I'll take that any day!
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Lemon Chicken >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >