"I took a favorite recipe and modified it to work in our slow cooker," writes Nancy Rambo of Riverside, California. "We enjoy this tender lemony chicken with rice or buttered noodles."
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder, chili powder and paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cold water
- Hot cooked noodles
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- In a greased 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the onion, water, lemon juice, oil and seasonings. Add chicken; turn to coat. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- In a saucepan, combine the cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Gradually add the cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken over noodles. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Lemon Chicken in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p48
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spicy Lemon Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review