- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup green grapes, quartered
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 pita breads (6 inches), halved and warmed
- Peel cucumber and remove seeds. Place cucumber in a food processor;
- cover and process until finely chopped. Remove half of cucumber; set
- aside. Process remaining cucumber until pureed. Combine pureed
- cucumber and reserved cucumber; stir in the sour cream, lemon juice
- and seasonings. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven kabob ingredients. Pour
- 1-1/2 cups marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the
- lamb. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers,
- alternately thread lamb, pineapple and tomatoes.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuces, onions, tomato, sprouts,
- grapes and walnuts; sprinkle with cheese. Set aside.
- Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side
- or until lamb reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a
- thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done,
- 170°), basting frequently with reserved marinade.
- Beat butter and honey until blended; brush over pitas. Serve with
- kabobs, salad and sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 610 calories, 30 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 147 mg cholesterol, 729 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 39 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.