- In a Dutch oven, brown meat in oil in batches; remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, cook onions in drippings until tender. Add the
- water, paprika, tomato paste, salt, mustard and chili powder.
- Return lamb to pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer
- for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Remove from the heat;
- stir in yogurt. Serve with rice. Top with pineapple, coconut and
- almonds if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Editor's Note: Fenugreek is available from Penzeys Spices. Call 800-741-7787 or visit penzeys.com.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup curry with 1/2 cup rice (calculated without optional toppings) equals 419 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 104 mg cholesterol, 534 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 37 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA
, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now