Spicy Jambalaya Recipe
In Eufaula, Alabama, Amy Chop uses just the right amount of seasonings to spice up this memorable main dish. It's loaded with zesty sausage, tender chicken and tasty shrimp, too.
- 1 package (5.9 ounces) instant chicken-flavored rice and sauce mix
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/4 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 1. Prepare rice mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken and sausage in butter for 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the green pepper, celery and onion; cook and stir until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
- 2. Stir in tomato and seasonings; heat through. Add the shrimp; cook an stir for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Serve with the prepared rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 380 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 1103mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Spicy Jambalaya
Reviewed Jan. 9, 2016
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC