We enjoy the combination of flavors in this golden corn bread. It's not dry or crumbly like other corn breads.—Anita LaRose, Benavides, Texas
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons seeded jalapeno peppers
- In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, cheese, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs, add corn, buttermilk, oil and jalapenos. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into squares; serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Jalapeno Corn Bread in Taste of Home October/November 1999, p13
Reviews for Spicy Jalapeno Corn Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review