Spicy Jalapeno Bread Recipe
This bread is a big hit at our house and at potluck gatherings. Its unusual texture makes it a conversation piece, so almost everybody tries it.
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (3-1/2 ounces) whole jalapenos, chopped
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1. Cut bread dough into 1-in. pieces. Place all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to mix well. Spoon into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Serve warm if desired. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 51 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 180 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Spicy Jalapeno Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC