Spicy Jalapeno Bread
This bread is a big hit at our house and at potluck gatherings. Its unusual texture makes it a conversation piece, so almost everybody tries it.
32 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + standing Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (3-1/2 ounces) whole jalapenos, chopped
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vinegar
- Cut bread dough into 1-in. pieces. Place all ingredients in a large
- bowl and toss to mix well. Spoon into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf
- pans. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes before
- removing to a wire rack. Serve warm if desired. Yield: 2 loaves
- (16 slices each).
Editor's Note: Remove the seeds from the jalapenos before chopping for a milder bread.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 51 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 180 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.