Spicy Jalapeno Bread Recipe
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (3-1/2 ounces) whole jalapenos, chopped
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1. Cut bread dough into 1-in. pieces. Place all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to mix well. Spoon into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Serve warm if desired. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
1 slice: 51 calories, 1g fat (0g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Spicy Jalapeno Bread
"My family loves this one.Seems I never make enough."
"This is one of our favorite recipes. I panicked because I want to make it and have all my cookbooks packed away because we're moving. I remembered that Taste of Home had all the recipes on-line, so "Thank you Taste of Home". When I make this bread, I omit the corn and reduce the amount of Jalapenos. It's just our personal preference. I'm sure it's equally as delicious as the original recipe is printed."