- 16 Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links links (4 ounces each)
- 1 each medium green, sweet red, yellow and orange peppers, julienned
- 1 banana pepper, julienned optional
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 brat or hot dog buns, split
- In a large skillet, cook sausages over medium heat until no longer pink. Meanwhile, in another large skillet, saute peppers and onion in oil. Drain sausages; place a sausage in each bun. Top each with about 1/3 cup pepper mixture. Refrigerate remaining sausages. Yield: 8 sandwiches plus 8 extra sausages.
Originally published as Italian Sausage Sandwiches in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p20
Reviews for Spicy Italian Sausage Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review