Spicy Island Shrimp Recipe
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter cubed
- 2-1/4 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Reduce heat; add shrimp. Cook for 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- 2. Stir in the tomato sauce, green onions, parsley and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 293 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 293 mg cholesterol, 1,013 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.