- 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas or garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, ground
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cumin, ginger, coriander and paprika
- Pita bread, cut into wedges
- In a food processor or blender, combine the parsley, onion and garlic; cover and process until smooth. Add the chickpeas, sesame seeds, vinegar, soy sauce, lime juice, honey, mustard and seasonings; cover and process until smooth. Serve with pita bread. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Spicy Hummus
"AMAZEBALLS! AND I ADDED SPICY SAUCE AKA,,, FRANKS RED HOT"
"I like to use two cans of Garbonzo beans. . ."
"I liked the flavor of this hummus, but I substituted tahini for the sesame seeds, and seasoned rice vinegar for the cider vinegar. I had to add a bit more liquid to get it to blend in my blender."
"This is not authentic hummus! The consistency is all wrong; the sesame seeds need to go and it needs 1/4 cup or more of vegetable or olive oil. Do not use a blender; it does not do anything on this combination of ingredients except stall."