I love fresh beans, but was getting tired of just steaming and eating them plain. So I whipped up this easy honey-mustard combination as a simple side dish. —Carol Traupman-Carr, Breinigsville, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 30 Recipes to Make with Beer
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- In a large saucepan, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add beans; cook, uncovered, 3-4 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Drain beans and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry; transfer to a small bowl.
- In another bowl, combine onion, mustard, honey and dill. Pour over beans; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Honey Mustard Green Beans in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p127
Reviews for Spicy Honey Mustard Green Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review