Spicy Hash Brown Waffles with Fried Eggs
Refrigerated hash brown potatoes help you make quick work of these crunchy waffles. Put out lots of toppings so everyone can design their own. —Nancy Judd, Alpine, Utah
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5 Eggland's Best Eggs, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1-3/4 cups refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese
- Optional toppings: salsa, guacamole, sour cream and minced fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl, whisk 1 egg, salt, cumin, pepper and chili powder.
- Stir in potatoes, onion, green chilies and salsa. Bake in a
- preheated waffle iron coated with cooking spray until golden brown
- and potatoes are tender, about 8-12 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Break remaining
- eggs, one at a time, into pan. Reduce heat to low. Cook until
- desired doneness, turning after whites are set if desired. Remove
- from heat. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand 3 minutes or