Spicy Ham 'n' Broccoli Pasta
"I love pasta but get tired of serving it with tomato sauce all the time. My family really enjoys the different and delicious combination of ham and olives in this easy one-pot meal. It goes together so quickly and makes a great way to use up leftover ham. I like to serve it with a tossed salad and warm, crusty garlic bread," shares Valerie Smith of Aston, Pennsylvania.
4-5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2-1/2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups cubed deli ham
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions,
- adding the broccoli, onion and garlic during the last 5-7 minutes.
- Cook until pasta and broccoli are tender; drain. In a large serving
- bowl, combine the ham, olives and pasta mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, salt, Italian seasoning and pepper
- flakes. Pour over pasta mixture. Sprinkle with cheese; toss to coat.
- Yield: 4-5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 cups) equals 403 calories, 18 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 1,279 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 21 g protein.