"This is one of my favorite ways to serve fish," says Kathleen Plake of Fort Wayne, Indiana. "I'm originally from Louisiana, where much of the food is spicy. So I like the spark that the chili powder and green chilies give this good-for-you baked fillets."
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds haddock fillets
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Place fillets in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking
- spray. Combine the remaining ingredients; spoon over fish. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily
- with a fork. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 4 ounces cooked haddock equals 139 calories, 501 mg sodium, 65 mg cholesterol, 2 gm carbohydrate, 22 gm protein, 4 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.