"This chili is a scrumptious change of pace, thanks to ground turkey and the addition of cinnamon and allspice," writes Marlene Gravat of St. Louis, Missouri. "It was an instant hit with my husband, who tends to favor traditional beef chili."
Recommended: 30 Pasta Dinners Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1/4 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup canned Italian diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Dash ground cinnamon
- Dash ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Crumble turkey into a saucepan; add onion. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, chili powder, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until thickened. Discard bay leaf. Garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Turkey Chili in Cooking for 2 Winter 2005, p45
Reviews for Spicy Ground Turkey Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review