Spicy Ground Beef Salad Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 cups torn salad greens
- 1 large tomato, cut into wedges
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Jalapeno pepper and lime slices, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the oil, lime juice, soy sauce, molasses, jalapeno, garlic and ginger; stir into beef. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- 3. On a large platter, layer salad greens, tomato, beef mixture and onions. Garnish with jalapeno and lime slices if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 201 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 283 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Reviews for Spicy Ground Beef Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.