Spicy Ground Beef Salad Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 cups torn salad greens
- 1 large tomato, cut into wedges
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Jalapeno pepper and lime slices, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the oil, lime juice, soy sauce, molasses, jalapeno, garlic and ginger; stir into beef. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- 3. On a large platter, layer salad greens, tomato, beef mixture and onions. Garnish with jalapeno and lime slices if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 201 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 283mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Spicy Ground Beef Salad
"I tired this recipe and now I make it often. I add cukes and other veggies as well."
"This tastes to me like the lettuce cup appetizers at PF Changs. Very good, I added about an extra Tbsp of lime juice and the zest of two limes. This was very unusual, but very good. I would make this again. I didn't top it with more jalapeno, but left it on the side for my husband. I prefer my jalapeno cooked."
"ohh sometimes we add chicken instead of beef or combine both"
"this is wonderful... we omit the xtra oil added and lime juice"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.