This delicious salad doesn't skimp on or flavor. I make it often, especially on days when I'm pressed for time. My husband, my mother and I all rate it as a favorite. - Natercia Yailaian, Somerville, Massachusetts
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 cups torn salad greens
- 1 large tomato, cut into wedges
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Jalapeno pepper and lime slices, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the oil, lime juice, soy sauce, molasses, jalapeno, garlic and ginger; stir into beef. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- On a large platter, layer salad greens, tomato, beef mixture and onions. Garnish with jalapeno and lime slices if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Beef Salad in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p81
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spicy Ground Beef Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review