Spicy Grilled Steaks
Rubs are a wonderful way to add flavor to meat when you don't have time to marinate. Meat lovers will be in their glory when they see (and smell!) these steaks sizzling on the grill.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless beef top loin steaks (12 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Rub about 1
- teaspoon of spice mixture over each side of steaks.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or
- until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat
- thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done,
- 170°). Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.