Spicy Grilled Eggplant
This versatile recipe goes well with grilled meats or sliced up and tossed with pasta. Thanks to the Cajun seasoning, it gets more attention than an ordinary side dish.Greg Fontenot, The Woodlands, Texas
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 small eggplants, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- Brush eggplant slices with oil on both sides. Drizzle with lime
- juice; sprinkle with Cajun seasoning. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Grill eggplant, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the
- heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until tender. Yield: 10
Nutritional Facts: 2 eggplant slices equals 70 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.