Spicy Grilled Eggplant Recipe
This versatile recipe goes well with grilled meats or sliced up and tossed with pasta. Thanks to the Cajun seasoning, it gets more attention than an ordinary side dish.Greg Fontenot, The Woodlands, Texas
- 2 small eggplants, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- Brush eggplant slices with oil on both sides. Drizzle with lime juice; sprinkle with Cajun seasoning. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Grill eggplant, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until tender. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Grilled Eggplant in Country Woman June/July 2010, p42
Reviews for Spicy Grilled Eggplant(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 26, 2013
A versatile recipe I will use in other dishes!
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2011
I have never tried eggplant and this recipe was so good! Even my boyfriend who won't eat peas liked it! I did it on the george forman, but next time I might broil them so they are a little more crisp.
More Recipe Collections
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Side Dishes >
- Country Woman Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Father's Day Side Dishes >
- Grilled Vegetables >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >