Spicy Grilled Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 5 cups torn salad greens
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, sliced into rings
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. Set pineapple slices aside. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the juice, oil, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, ginger and cayenne; shake well. Brush some over pineapple slices; set aside.
- 2. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with pepper; grill or broil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Cut into strips.
- 3. Grill or broil pineapple for 2-3 minutes, turning often until browned. To serve, place the greens, peppers, mushrooms and onion in a large bowl; top with chicken and pineapple. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 323 calories, 14g fat (0g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 659mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 29g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Reviews for Spicy Grilled Chicken Salad
"I BBQ'd the red pepper with the pineapple. It was great!"
"I marinated the chicken in a little bit of the dressing for an hour and it really enhanced the flavor. This was a very tasty! I will be making this again."
"There will be no left-overs.;>)"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.