After working in the garden all day, I don't feel much like spending hours in the kitchen. So I'll frequently prepare this fabulous, filling salad for supper.
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 5 cups torn salad greens
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, sliced into rings
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. Set pineapple slices aside. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the juice, oil, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, ginger and cayenne; shake well. Brush some over pineapple slices; set aside.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with pepper; grill or broil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Cut into strips.
- Grill or broil pineapple for 2-3 minutes, turning often until browned. To serve, place the greens, peppers, mushrooms and onion in a large bowl; top with chicken and pineapple. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Grilled Chicken Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p47
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spicy Grilled Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review