- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 5 cups torn salad greens
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, sliced into rings
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. Set pineapple slices aside. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the juice, oil, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, ginger and cayenne; shake well. Brush some over pineapple slices; set aside.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with pepper; grill or broil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Cut into strips.
- Grill or broil pineapple for 2-3 minutes, turning often until browned. To serve, place the greens, peppers, mushrooms and onion in a large bowl; top with chicken and pineapple. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spicy Grilled Chicken Salad
"I BBQ'd the red pepper with the pineapple. It was great!"
"I marinated the chicken in a little bit of the dressing for an hour and it really enhanced the flavor. This was a very tasty! I will be making this again."
"There will be no left-overs.;>)"