Spicy Grilled Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3-1/2 to 4 pounds each), cut up
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first 10 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- 2. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 40 minutes, turning several times. Set half of the barbecue sauce aside. Baste chicken with remaining sauce; grill 5-10 minutes longer or until juices run clear. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 641 calories, 25 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 153 mg cholesterol, 1,163 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 49 g protein.
Reviews for Spicy Grilled Barbecue Chicken
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.