Spicy Green Bean Saute Recipe
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1. In a bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, teriyaki sauce and pepper until smooth; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, saute the green beans, onion, red pepper, garlic and ginger in oil until crisp-tender. stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 111 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 438 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.