- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, teriyaki sauce and pepper until smooth; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, saute the green beans, onion, red pepper, garlic and ginger in oil until crisp-tender. stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Green Bean Saute in Light & Tasty April/May 2003, p21
Reviews for Spicy Green Bean Saute
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review