Spicy Goulash Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the tomatoes, beans, water, onion, green pepper, vinegar, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, bouillon and seasonings.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until heated through.
- 3. Stir in macaroni; cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until macaroni is tender. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup equals 222 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 585 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Spicy Goulash
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.