- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the tomatoes, beans, water, onion, green pepper, vinegar, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, bouillon and seasonings.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until heated through.
- Stir in macaroni; cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until macaroni is tender. Yield: 12 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Spicy Goulash
"I make this recipe weekly. However, I have tweeked it quite a bit. I also add fresh mushrooms and instead of the regular diced tomatoes, I use hot rotel. I also add one addition tablespoon of chili powder. Needless to say, it is so hot, it makes my nose run. But I LOVE spicy foods so it's perfect. Also, the elbow macaroni would always overcook. I would take it out early to avoid this and it would still end up overcooking. Therefore, I now use penne pasta because it is thicker and it almost never gets mushy."
"A little watery and bland"
"I really liked this, my husband however thought it was 'gritty' but I doubt that had anything do with the recipe. Maybe it was the brand of beans or tomatoes I used.... We found it had just the right amount of kick but we eat a lot of spicy foods."
"My family raved about this! It is low in fat-but has vibrant flavor and so easy to make!"
"This was very good. Boy, it was spicy-just like it claimed. My husband loved it as he likes spicy food. I really liked it too, even though I don't usually like anything that is too spicy. Will definitely make again."