Spicy Ginger Scones Recipe
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- Additional half-and-half cream and sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Stir in cream just until moistened. Stir in raisins and ginger.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Transfer dough to a greased baking sheet. Pat into a 9-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges, but do not separate. Brush tops lightly with additional cream; sprinkle with additional sugar.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 scones.
1 each: 202 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 391mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Spicy Ginger Scones
"I had no problem getting the consistency needed for the dough but instead of half and half I used 4 1/2 tsp. melted butter and enough milk with it to make 1 cup. I also left out the crystalized ginger. I brushed milk on the top and then added sugar to the top."
"These are in the oven as I type, something must have gotten lost in translation because I followed the recipe rather precisely and I ended up with more of a batter than a dough. I spread it out as best I could on parchment paper (my favourite baking tool) but there was definitely no kneading or cutting of the dough involved. With adjustments to achieve the proper consistency I would most likely try this again as the spices seem perfect and I love candied ginger chunks in baked goods."