This recipe was created for Thanksgiving weekend with family members who were trying to be more health conscious, but I wanted the flavor to still be there. The candied ginger gives these scones a special zing!—Rebecca Guffey, Apex, North Carolina
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- Additional half-and-half cream and sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Stir in cream just until moistened. Stir in raisins and ginger.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Transfer dough to a greased baking sheet. Pat into a 9-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges, but do not separate. Brush tops lightly with additional cream; sprinkle with additional sugar.
- Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 scones.
Originally published as Spicy Ginger Scones in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p181
Reviews for Spicy Ginger Scones
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review