Spicy Ginger Scones Recipe
- 2 cups Bisquick® mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- Additional half-and-half cream and sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Stir in cream just until moistened. Stir in raisins and ginger.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Transfer dough to a greased baking sheet. Pat into a 9-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges, but do not separate. Brush tops lightly with additional cream; sprinkle with additional sugar.
- Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 scones.
Reviews for Spicy Ginger Scones(1)
Sort By :
These are in the oven as I type, something must have gotten lost in translation because I followed the recipe rather precisely and I ended up with more of a batter than a dough. I spread it out as best I could on parchment paper (my favourite baking tool) but there was definitely no kneading or cutting of the dough involved. With adjustments to achieve the proper consistency I would most likely try this again as the spices seem perfect and I love candied ginger chunks in baked goods.