Spicy Ginger Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup sugar blend
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the molasses, sugar blend, oil, egg and vanilla until well blended. Combine the remaining ingredients; gradually add to molasses mixture and mix well.
- 2. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets lightly coated with cooking spray.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 60 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Spicy Ginger Cookies
"Meh, I was not impressed with this cookie. It tastes fine, but nothing spectacular. I've made better ginger cookies with other recipes. I didn't care for the cookie texture. Also, the cookie "dough" is more like a batter that you plop on the pan and hope it doesn't run too much."
"1/4 cup sugar blend is the same as 1/2 cup granulated sugar. Google sugar blend."
"Is there a way to make these cookies using regular sugar instead of sugar substitute? I love them made the way they are, but if I dont have the substitute what would the regular sugar substitute be?"
"Is there a way to make these cookies using regular sugar instead of sugar substitute? I love them made the way they are, but if I dont have the substitute what would the regular sugar substitute be? They are AWESOME cookies! My family loves them!"