Spicy Gazpacho Salad Recipe
Cool, refreshing soup becomes delicious fork food with the addition of greens. Adding more or less hot sauce can vary the heat in this salad.—Donna Marie Ryan, Topsfield, Massachusetts
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling YIELD:10 servings
- 3 cups chopped and seeded tomatoes
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 tomatillo, husk removed, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, pepper, pepper sauce and salt. Pour over tomato mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- 2. Just before serving, place romaine in a large serving bowl. Top with vegetable mixture and toss to combine. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving equals 67 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 333 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC