Cool, refreshing soup becomes delicious fork food with the addition of greens. Adding more or less hot sauce can vary the heat in this salad.—Donna Marie Ryan, Topsfield, Massachusetts
Featured In: 25 Cucumber Recipes to Make This Summer
- 3 cups chopped and seeded tomatoes
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 tomatillo, husk removed, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, pepper, pepper sauce and salt. Pour over tomato mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Just before serving, place romaine in a large serving bowl. Top with vegetable mixture and toss to combine. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Gazpacho Salad in Country Woman August/September 2012, p35
Reviews for Spicy Gazpacho Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 6, 2014
"Love this salad - so good!"