Spicy Garlic Shrimp
Zesty, spicy and simple, these tasty shrimp are perfect for a party. “For more fire, substitute minced fresh hot chili peppers for the red pepper flakes.” —Jasmin Baron, Livonia, New York
30 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails on.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook garlic and pepper flakes in
- butter for 1 minute. Add shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp turn
- pink. Remove from the pan and set aside. Add wine to the pan; cook
- until liquid is reduced by half. Return shrimp to skillet; heat
- through. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 shrimp equals 27 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 26 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.