Spicy Garlic Broccoli Rabe
When it comes to carefree entertaining, you can't beat a four-ingredient recipe like this! Red pepper flakes add just the right amount of spice to colorful broccoli rabe.—Clara Coulston, Washington Court House, Ohio
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3-1/2 pounds broccoli rabe
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Fill a Dutch oven two-thirds full with water; bring to a boil. Trim
- 1/2 in. from broccoli rabe stems; discard any coarse or damaged
- leaves. Rinse broccoli rabe in cold water and cut into 2-in. pieces.
- Add to boiling water. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1-2
- minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook garlic in oil for 1 minute.
- Add pepper flakes; cook and stir 30 seconds longer. Add broccoli
- rabe and salt; heat through. Yield: 12 servings (2/3 cup each).
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 51 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 241 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.