Spicy Garlic Broccoli Rabe Recipe
When it comes to carefree entertaining, you can't beat a four-ingredient recipe like this! Red pepper flakes add just the right amount of spice to colorful broccoli rabe.—Clara Coulston, Washington Court House, Ohio
- 3-1/2 pounds broccoli rabe
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. Fill a Dutch oven two-thirds full with water; bring to a boil. Trim 1/2 in. from broccoli rabe stems; discard any coarse or damaged leaves. Rinse broccoli rabe in cold water and cut into 2-in. pieces. Add to boiling water. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add pepper flakes; cook and stir 30 seconds longer. Add broccoli rabe and salt; heat through. Yield: 12 servings (2/3 cup each).
2/3 cup equals 51 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 241 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC