Spicy Garlic Broccoli Rabe Recipe
When it comes to carefree entertaining, you can't beat a four-ingredient recipe like this! Red pepper flakes add just the right amount of spice to colorful broccoli rabe.Clara Coulston, Washington Court House, Ohio
- 3-1/2 pounds broccoli rabe
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Fill a Dutch oven two-thirds full with water; bring to a boil. Trim 1/2 in. from broccoli rabe stems; discard any coarse or damaged leaves. Rinse broccoli rabe in cold water and cut into 2-in. pieces. Add to boiling water. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add pepper flakes; cook and stir 30 seconds longer. Add broccoli rabe and salt; heat through. Yield: 12 servings (2/3 cup each).
Originally published as Spicy Garlic Broccoli Rabe in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p52
Reviews for Spicy Garlic Broccoli Rabe(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review