Spicy Fruit Salad
Definitely not your mother’s fruit salad, this one balances cool fruit and hot spices to perfection. —Rebecca Sturrock, Longview, Texas
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 medium apples, halved and sliced
- 2 medium pears, halved and sliced
- 2 medium mangoes, peeled, halved and sliced
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce or 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, pears, mangoes and strawberries.
- In a small bowl, whisk the juices, cilantro, vinegar, lime peel and
- hot chili sauce. Drizzle over fruit mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 10
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 81 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 fruit.