Spicy Fresh Seafood Cioppino Recipe
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jar (24 ounces) tomato basil pasta sauce
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) clam juice
- 1 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 pound fresh littleneck clams
- 1 pound fresh mussels, scrubbed and beards removed
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute garlic in oil until tender. Add the pasta sauce, clam juice, wine, water and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 2. Add the clams, mussels and shrimp. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Stir in scallops and spinach; cook 5 to 7 minutes longer or until clams and mussels open, shrimp turn pink and scallops are opaque. Discard any unopened clams or mussels. Yield: 8 servings (3 quarts).
1-1/2 cups: 259 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 1057mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Spicy Fresh Seafood Cioppino
"Absolutely fabulous! Used cayenne pepper instead of crushed red pepper for a little kick."
"I had never made Cioppino before so I didn't have anything to compare it to but I thought it was really good and it was so easy. Usually I try and follow the recipe the first time before tweaking it. But I was making this for my stepson so I left out the spinach and I also diluted the broth because I was afraid it might be to much tomato with the pasta sauce. So, I added a full can of chicken broth and probably 3/4 cup water instead of 1/4. It was a hit and I would definitely make it again."
"This was the Best I have ever made !!!!This was very easy and delicious...just the right amount of heat ....Thanks for the recipe,this is a keeper !!"