Spicy French Dip
If I'm cooking for a party or family get-together, I can put this beef in the slow cooker in the morning and then concentrate on other preparations. It's a great time-saver and never fails to get rave reviews.
—Ginny Koeppen of Winnfield, Louisiana
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 pounds), cut in half
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced jalapeno peppers, drained
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 12 crusty rolls (5 inches)
- Place beef in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the
- water, jalapenos and dressing mix; pour over beef. Cover and cook on
- low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove beef and shred using two forks. Skim fat from cooking juices.
- Serve beef on rolls with juice. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (one sandwich with 3 tablespoons juice) equals 357 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 877 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.