Spicy French Dip Recipe
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 pounds), cut in half
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced jalapeno peppers, drained
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 12 crusty rolls (5 inches)
- 1. Place beef in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the water, jalapenos and dressing mix; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove beef and shred with two forks. Skim fat from cooking juices. Serve beef on rolls with juice. Yield: 12 servings.
One serving (one sandwich with 3 tablespoons juice) equals 357 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 877 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.