If I'm cooking for a party or family get-together, I can put this beef in the slow cooker in the morning and then concentrate on other preparations. It's a great time-saver and never fails to get rave reviews. —Ginny Koeppen of Winnfield, Louisiana
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 pounds), cut in half
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced jalapeno peppers, drained
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 12 crusty rolls (5 inches)
- Place beef in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the water, jalapenos and dressing mix; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove beef and shred with two forks. Skim fat from cooking juices. Serve beef on rolls with juice. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Spicy French Dip in Light & Tasty October/November 2002, p29
Reviews for Spicy French Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review