Spicy Flank Steak
The cool and creamy sour cream is a wonderful accompaniment to the slightly spicy steak. If you prefer, you can grill the steak over medium-hot heat rather than broiling.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 beef flank steak (1 to 1-1/2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic powder
- and celery salt; cover and refrigerate until serving. Combine the
- chili sauce, lime juice, pepper flakes and salt; brush on each side
- of steak.
- Broil 2-3 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until
- meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer
- should read 145°;medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let
- stand for 5 minutes. Cut across the thin strips. Serve with the sour
- cream sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3 ounces) equals 179 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 313 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 15 g protein.