Spicy Flank Steak Recipe
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 beef flank steak (1 to 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic powder and celery salt; cover and refrigerate until serving. Combine the chili sauce, lime juice, pepper flakes and salt; brush on each side of steak.
- 2. Broil 2-3 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°;medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut across the thin strips. Serve with the sour cream sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
3 ounce-weight: 179 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 313mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Spicy Flank Steak
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.