The cool and creamy sour cream is a wonderful accompaniment to the slightly spicy steak. If you prefer, you can grill the steak over medium-hot heat rather than broiling.
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 beef flank steak (1 to 1-1/2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic powder and celery salt; cover and refrigerate until serving. Combine the chili sauce, lime juice, pepper flakes and salt; brush on each side of steak.
- Broil 2-3 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°;medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut across the thin strips. Serve with the sour cream sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Flank Steak in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2001
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Spicy Flank Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 6, 2012
"This is a great dish! It was quick and easy to make. Everyone loved it. It's not too spicy, it's just right. Definitely going into the regular rotation!"