Spicy Fish Soup Recipe
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2/3 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 1 pound cod, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Fresh lime wedges, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the broth, water and rice to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the salsa and corn; return to a boil. Add fish.
- 2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with lime if desired. Yield: 8 servings (about 2-1/4 quarts).
1 cup: 124 calories, 1g fat (trace saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 663mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein
Reviews for Spicy Fish Soup
"Very easy to do and an excellent meal. Even my husband, who doesn't care for fish, enjoyed it."