Spicy Fish Soup Recipe
The addition of salsa packs a punch in this simple soup recipe. We enjoy eating it with oven-fresh bread and dessert.—Linda Murry, Allenstown, New Hampshire
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2/3 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 1 pound cod, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Fresh lime wedges, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the broth, water and rice to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the salsa and corn; return to a boil. Add fish.
- 2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with lime if desired. Yield: 8 servings (about 2-1/4 quarts).
1 cup (calculated without lime) equals 124 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 663 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC