The addition of salsa packs a punch in this simple soup recipe. We enjoy eating it with oven-fresh bread and dessert.—Linda Murry, Allenstown, New Hampshire
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2/3 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 1 pound cod, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Fresh lime wedges, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring the broth, water and rice to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the salsa and corn; return to a boil. Add fish.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with lime if desired. Yield: 8 servings (about 2-1/4 quarts).
Originally published as Spicy Fish Soup in Country Woman January/February 1998, p35
Reviews for Spicy Fish Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 6, 2014
"Very easy to do and an excellent meal. Even my husband, who doesn't care for fish, enjoyed it."